Busy, busy, busy we've been around here...whew! So now I am terribly behind on pics and the blog...so I'm going to try to update in one post here.
So we've survived this horrible winter we had here...with well over 100in of snow, yes that's alot of snow and too much for my liking. I love the snow, but we really had just too much of it and it was even too cold to go out and play most of the time. So Spring has finally arrived and we have come out of hibernation. This past weekend we spent the entire weekend outside, washing/waxing the cars (Johnny's a little anal about waxing the cars and takes GREAT pride in his vehicles...lol) playing soccer, baseball and BASKETBALL (Quaid has really takin to this sport...well any sport for that matter, but he spent most of his time dribbling, teaching Bailey how to dribble and shoot and challenging Mommy and Daddy to a game of PIG...lol) The kid's are growing up sooo fast and really getting to be so much fun to play with, not that they weren't before, but something about being able to actually sit down and have a logical and understanding conversation with them just truly blows me away sometimes...lol I have a feeling this is going to be one GREAT summer and I am so thankful I will be home to enjoy every minute of it :)
Now for a little update on each of the kid's...Quaid is doing great in school and is really learning ALOT, he's reading alot more, adding, subtracting and still bringing home crazy art projects to decorate our house...lol Oh and he's also been helping out more around the house and is GREAT at doing his chores, so we've slowly been adding in an allowance each week. Unfortunately he's taken after his Mommy and likes to spend his money...lol So we had a lil money session with him and he now has 3 jars (spend, save and give) and is doing quite well at separating his money and actually saving ALOT more...let's hope this keeps with him. I rewarded him one day with a quarter, because he just out of the blue cleaned up the entire living room for me, so now he will do things and look at me...like, well do I get another?? lol It's cute, but I told him not to expect everytime...it's only when I notice he has done something with out me asking and just helping out around the house. He's such a sweet, sweet boy :) He is looking forward to being a 1st grader and playing flag football in the fall, he has told us he doesn't want to play anything else right now because he wants to wait till football...lol Oh and we've redecorated his room in Buckeye's gear...he's becoming quite the Buckeye's fan, however has told us he will play for the Packer's...lol (his favorite team he says and he loves Brett Favre (unfortunately he has retired this year) Other than that, Quaid is growing like crazy and eating us out of the house...but he is doing well :)
Bailey on the other hand is getting ready for her 30th, oh I mean 3rd birthday...lol She told me the other day she wanted Dora earrings for her birthday, so I asked her if she wanted her ear's pierced and she said, "Yes and I want some makeup too"...crazy girl!!! We are working on potty training this week and well....that's a whole other blog (maybe at the end of the week...when I can actually say we both survived..lol) So yes her birthday is coming up and she wants a Hello Kitty birthday...it's so funny how they come up with these things. We took the kid's to see Alvin and the Chipmunks one night at our downtown Theatre, so we pull up in front of a store that was covered with Hello Kitty things, she was just amazed. Then a few days later we get a birthday party catalog in the mail (like they seriously think I'm going to spend oooodles of money on their stuff when I can go to the Factory Card Outlet...lol) But she was looking through there and saw Hello Kitty and has been obsessed since. Looks like we're having a Hello Kitty Birthday next month...ahhh, less than a month (guess I'd better get busy planning that one..lol) She is really growing into such a beautiful girl and so sweet (of course I'm bias, but still she really is the cutest ever...lol) I'm really enjoying our morning's together while Quaid is at school, and taking pics of her...so if you see tons of pics of her on Kodak...yeah I went a little crazy, but I've also been playing around with photo.net and editing alot of the pics...sooo fun :) I will try to have all those pics updated very soon :) I believe I have all the way back to Easter...whoa...time flies when your havin fun :)
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Absence
Posted by Our Family at 7:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment