Friday, December 26, 2008

The BEST Christmas EVER!!!



This Christmas was truly our BEST Christmas yet. Every year we all go out and buy or try to find gift's for everyone in our family, when in all actuality we really don't need anything. I admit it is fun shopping and trying to find those perfect gift's for everyone, however it does get very expensive and sometime's you really just end up grabbing a gift card or just anything because you can't find them anything. So really, how much thought was put into that gift??



This year my Mom and I thought we would try something different, homemade gifts! On Thanksgiving, we all drew names and kept them secret (although my Mom ended up knowing who everyone got...guess we all still need advice from Mom...lol) We had a month to figure out and make our gift's. I had drawn my brother Jake, Johnny had drawn my brother Jason, our kid's didn't draw names this year, we decided they would just get spoiled as it is and really wouldn't truly appreciate the homemade gift's yet. Christmas morning came, we were having everyone over for Christmas morning brunch, which was really nice to have our Christmas with the kid's, play with them for a bit, then fix breakfast together while listening to Christmas music :)



Present time....of course the kid's couldn't wait, I couldn't either because of the anticipation of seeing what everyone came up with as their gifts :) We alway's go youngest to oldest, so Haylee was first, my brother Jake got her and not being very creative he made up a little ryhym for her with $10 to get what she wanted...lol Then came Jake, I had made him a fleece tie blanket of his own, I guess he steals my Mom's all the time, so I got this idea from her..lol Then Julie got a scrapbooking kit from my Mom with some cute little cricut people, Jason got a handmade toolbox from Johnny, it was pretty cool :) I got from Jason (totally not expecting something so creative) 3 ornament's he had handmade from lightbulb's, 2 snowmen and a Santa...they were sooo cute and I was just blown away at his creativity...I loved them :) Then came Johnny's gift from my Dad, a framed sketched picture of our kid's...awwww, that one really blew me away and is sooo precious!!! My Dad is a very good artist, however hasn't really done much lately because he's always so busy, after seeing this I hope he does alot more...especially because Johnny has claimed the picture as his ( I know it was his gift) I wanted to hang it in the house, but he's taking it to his office :( My birthday is coming up in case you wanna give me a homemade gift Dad!!!! HINT, HINT Then it was my Mom's turn and Haylee had made her a new fleece tie blanket as well...very cute hot pink and green :) Then Dad got some homemade chocolate covered cherries from Julie...what a PERFECT gift for him. (every year Dad get's chocolate covered cherries..they are his favorite)


This is definitely a tradition worth carrying on from now on.

0 comments: