First I want to say Happy Father's Day to my Dad...what a BLESSING!!! Some of you may or may not know, but my Dad is not my biological Dad, however came into my life at the young age of 4. My Mom (bless her heart) took my brother and I out of a very abusive and bad situation with my biological Dad when we were very young and moved us to Tennessee. There she was set up with my Dad now, after a few dates and a family date to the zoo...we all knew this was our new family. My Dad opened his heart to us without any hesitations and loved us just like his very own. I grew up with such a wonderful, caring, loving father and our family was perfect!!! (of course, we all do go through those teenage year's where we all think our parent's are WRONG and we are right...but I can honestly look back and see they were alway's right...oh no...did I just say that??? lol) I am so thankful the Lord has brought my family together and found my Perfect Dad....I LOVE YOU :)
Now, Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Husband and the Father to my children. I am so thankful the Lord has brought us together as well. As some of you may know, Johnny and I were actually a blind date...but I KNEW he was a great man. I knew he would be a great Father too and couldn't wait to have kid's and start a family after we were married. However, the Lord had other plans and it took a long 2 years before we were blessed with the first pregnancy with Quaid. I remember when I found out I was pregnant, he wasn't home from work yet and our phone at home wasn't working for some reason...so I went down to the gas station to call and see where he was. Our friend said he had just dropped him off at home...ugh, so I rushed home and he was sitting on the front steps, so I jumped out of the car and ran over to tell him. I remember hugging him for sooooo long and just being sooo excited we wanted to tell the world...lol I knew he was going to be a great Dad and he was excited to be a Dad, especially after he found out he was having a BOY!!! It wasn't until we were on our way to the hospital for the scheduled c-section that he started getting really, really nervous....I had never seen him like this before. I kept thinking what does he have to be nervous about...I'm the one getting cut open here...lol Then he said, "I'm really nervous to be a Dad". WOW...totally shocked me and I had no idea that was coming. That was the last time I had ever seen him so nervous, as soon as Quaid was born...he took on the Daddy role QUIET WELL!!!! Well he did use like a million baby wipes to change his first few diapers...but he got better with time...lol Now 2 children later and many, many diapers and wipes...that we are FINALLY free of...he is the best Daddy I could ever ask for our children. Lord, thank you for being in charge of my life and just knowing what's best for our family. I'm so thankful for the wonderful husband and father to my children you have provided. Today I pray you continue to give my Dad as well as Johnny the strength they may need to get through each day, but the peace in knowing how blessed they are to come home to a wonderful family at the end of each day :)
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Happy Father's Day
Posted by Our Family at 9:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yat, one of her new dresses :)
What a sweet tribute to 2 special men!
Post a Comment