WOW...time is flying and we've been SUPER busy!!! I'll try to give ya a lil summary of what's been happening in our family lately :)
*The kid's and I took a lil road trip to our HOME state...the home of "The Ohio State Buckeyes". It's typically a 7 1/2 - 8hr drive with a few stops here and there for potty breaks, however this trip turned into our WORST time ever...10hrs and 8 stops!!! I know crazy, huh? Well I know all you Mom's understand, but seriously...it was a VERY frustrating trip! I did learn something though along the way....I remember on our family vacation's when I was a kid, my Dad would always tell us to be quiet and NOT to talk to him while he was in traffic....WOW, I FINALLY GET IT!!!! Chicago traffic, Indianapolis rush hour and a little girl sitting right behind you just talking away to you in her little voice just as sweet as can be, when you really can't even think about what she's saying and just agreeing with whatever, "Uh huh", "Yes, Bailey"...when all of a sudden you hear, "Hey Quaid, Mommy said we can go to the park today".......OH MY!! Then on prob our 5th stop after Indianapolis traffic, I get Bailey out of the car and she has a BIG orange something in her hair...only to look closer and YES..it was GUM!!! Good grief and we just so happened to still be about 3 1/2 hrs away from Grandma's house :( Thankfully though, we arrived safe and sound to Grandma's and immediately got a piece of ice and managed to get the gum out without having to cut her little goldilock's!!!
So yes, that was definitely an interesting and long trip, but it was sooo nice to be in Ohio and knowing that I was going to get a whole 3 day's with NO KID's....ahhhh, PRICELESS!!!!!! Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my kid's and love spending time with them, however this Mama needed a BREAK...lol And what better of a break to take with my Best friend to reminisce, catch up and just relax :)
We did just that too, along with a trip to King's Island for a few (notice I said a FEW...yeah that means 2!!!) rides!!! It's funny how your body changes when you get older and some rides that you LOVED as a kid, just arent' as great anymore :( I literally wanted off this one ride that was a big circle and took you from side to side....REALLY, REALLY high too, I just wanted OFF!!!!!! Then we did one other coaster we all loved as kid's, but just wasn't anything too exciting anymore. After those 2 rides, we were ready to just hit the waterpark and cool off!!! We headed back to the van to have a picnic before we went in to the waterpark and the temp outside was 106!!! We quickly ate and headed off to get cool in the wave pool...lol, we're such the kid's at heart, huh? Actually that was Steph's plan for her bachelorette weekend was that she wanted to be a KID again and just have fun with her girlfriend's. Well not sure about the kid thing, but we did have TONS of fun...who doesn't when they are with their girlfriends for the weekend? Here's a few pic's from our weekend and Bailey in her "Weddding Dress"...lol She is the flower girl in Aunt Steffie's wedding and is soooo excited, when we got home, the first thing out of her mouth was, "Daddy, I got my wedding dress and we brought it home" WOW....to hear those word's from our lil Princess...oh my, I really hope that doesn't come tooo quickly!!!
*Soon after we got home from our trip, Johnny got offered a ride to the Home opener for the Buckeye's and he would be leaving in 3 days...I know, WHY did we come home again??? We were just there and I prob would have stayed if I had known he was going to be going right back down there!! Oh well, we spent 2 nights together before he left...because he was also going to the Packer's game the Thursday night before he left the very next morning for Ohio. It was fine though, my sister and I got to have a girl's weekend!!! She had been in Georgia for the past 3 wks, so it was nice to catch up with her and the kid's were SOOOO happy to have her home...I was getting tired of answering them when they asked a few times a day..."Is Aunt Haylee home yet?"...lol Funny how kid's just don't get the concept of time.
*Labor Day was fun!! Daddy got home on Sunday afternoon and we went to our friend's for a cookout, then finished up our Back to School shopping...I procrastinated BIG time on this!!! We managed to find everything though and the very next morning, my little boy would be on the bus off to his first FULL day of 1st grade :(
*First Day of School.....was ODD!!!!!! Prob not odd for Quaid, but odd for Mommy and QUIET! Bailey and I had our usual Tuesday storytime @Starbuck's, then did a little shopping of course ;) Then home for a quiet afternoon. Strangely though it went by really fast, of course I kept busy organizing coupons...lol Then Daddy actually got home before Quaid got off the bus, WOW...both my boy's come home the same time...YES that's ODD to me ;) Actually though Quaid's bus was running a little late and didn't get home till 4:45, when it was supposed to be there at 4:15, I know it was the first day...but still, it kinda felt like he was never going to get home!!! He had a GREAT day and said his favorite part was eating lunch...lol Of course he had to tell us all about his friends and who was in his class from last year, ahhhh...how I remember those days :)
*Later in the week we got a chance to go see the NEXT President, John McCain and the 1st Woman Vice President, Sarah Palin!!! The "Straight Talk Express" was headed to our town, so Bailey and I along with our friend's Jill & Trent headed downtown early morning to try to get as close as we could to see them. As we headed downtown, things weren't looking good as the line that we saw was prob 4 blocks long, but as we were getting to the end, we decided to head over on the other side and managed to get right up to the security gates...however it wasn't moving very quickly. We did get in about an hour before they arrived, but were still behind the bleacher's and behind the PRESS...like they should get special treatment or something...LOL j/k I did manage (not sure how my arm is still connected to my body...lol) to video tape the whole half hour, even though it makes you a little dizzy watching some part's where my arm was starting to give way...LOL It was fun though and just AWESOME to be a part of :) I didn't get any pictures of them on stage, because I was taping the whole time...but my brother was in front of them and got really GOOD pics...so I'm waiting on those to be emailed over soon!!! GO PALIN, GO!!!! Don't ya just love her??? ;)
*Last but not least....SHOPPING!!!!!! You knew it was coming...lol Yes, I have been getting the deals even more than EVER!!!! It's been truly crazy and just makes me sooo giddy, I'll just start laughing as I'm putting away this stuff or as I'm showing Johnny...it's just sooo AWESOME!!! As most of you know, most of our stores here don't "Double Coupon's"...except for 1 local grocery store that will only do it on Wed and there are RULES...they will only double up to $1 and there is a limit of 5 coupons doubled and your purchase has to be at least $25 before coupons. So I have taken advantage of this EVERY Wednesday and am definitely going to miss it when it ends this Wed :( However I have gotten some pretty cool deals, although this past week I went to 3 different grocery stores, just to get these great deals and use as many double coupons as I can!!! Then I had heard that certain Kmart store's were participating in "Super Double Coupons", where they were doubling up to $2 and the limit was 75 coupons....I was psyched!!!! Then I called the store's around us...and they weren't doing it :( Then one of my friend's found one that was about an hour away, immediately I knew it was time for a road trip!!!!!! lol So we packed up the kid's after the Rally for McCain/Palin and headed to Kmart. After having everything all planned out and all 75 of my coupons out and ready to go, we still spent 2 1/2 hrs in that store...LOL Thankfully I only had Bailey (and she's my lil shopper mini-me) so it wasn't too bad...we came out of there with $130 saved and spent a whopping $25!!!! It was sooo cool to see that total go down, down, down and down more....SOOO AMAZING and the hard work/drive had defnitely paid off :) Then I wake up Sat morning and get the mail, my Kellogg's coupons came from Ebay!!!!!! I had ordered these earlier in the week after I found out about a great deal on Pop Tart's at Target, they were on sale $4/9, Kellogg's coupon was $1/2, then Target had their web coupon's out there for $.50/1, and if you bought 4 boxes you got a $5 gift card...well this meant they were FREE!!!!!! Let me just tell you, I have a hard time letting FREE things get away from me...LOL So while Daddy and Quaid prepared for their big Buckeye game, Bailey and I took off for another day of shopping :) A grand day it was....we got 48 big boxes of Pop Tart's all for FREE!!! Sooo soooo cool!!! I have already given some away, but we will definitely be stocked on Pop Tart's for awhile....lol
My Kmart Super Double Coupon trip :)
POP Tart's ANYONE????

2 comments:
Wow, what a fun crazy busy end of summer!!! Your girls weekend sounded like a blast! And way to go on the shopping. I so know what you're feeling. And after about a year of doing it, I'm finally no longer addicted. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun but I was getting worried there when I was so wrapped up in it. So enjoy the stockpiling but don't worry, eventually you'll slow down a little. I so wish we had more stores that doubled and without all those silly rules!
I finally got caught up with you! I haven't had a lot of time to surf the net lately, and with being off CafeMom, I feel like I have no idea whats up with you!
Post a Comment