Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A whirlwind of a weekend


This was our "Weekend Away", supposed to be for our Annual Anniversary getaway ( we usually try to get away by ourselves) However this weekend was a little more than that, but we did getaway without the kid's...which is really the general idea. So we headed down to Ohio with some friend's of our's...ok, well it was my friend's husband, John and his Dad, Pete who are both HUGE Buckeye fans....these were the guy's Johnny went down with a few week's ago. So we get on the road around 9:30ish and we just get past Milwaukee, when there is a guy driving beside us pointing to our tire saying "LOW"....uh-oh!!! We pull off to the nearest gas stationg and sure enough it was a small nail, which the guy's felt was a slow leak, so they put air in it and off we went (checking the tire every 5 min the entire 8 hr trip...literally Pete would NOT let the tire go unchecked...he's got the same sense of humor Johnny does..so not sure if he was really that concerned about it or not, but he had a signal for checking the tire EVERY 5 min..lol We finally make it to John's uncle's house which is in Westerville (SMALL, SMALL WORLD...that's where I grew up the first 4 years of my life, where my Mom graduated High School, where my Grandparent's lived and where Johnny and I bought our first house...crazy) We arrive, try to decide on dinner since Aunt Karen isn't there this weekend (she was picking up her Mom and would return on Sunday) so yes, I was the fifth wheel girl...LOL Although it wasn't so bad and I really did have a Great time, despite random boredness here and there..LOL We went to dinner, then some shopping for Buckeye stuff (this was one thing I was totally excited about is that they LOVE to shop around for Buckeye stuff...so that would mean my Coupon binder had to go with me...hehehe) at Kroger, Walgreen's, Meijer and the Buckeye Corner. Thankfully, my new best friend WALGREEN's had some GREAT deals the week before so I racked up lot's of Register Rewards...so that was extra fun shopping there :) We ended up finding a few things for Quaid's room and tshirts and such, then went back to get some sleep before the big game the next day!!
Wake up and it's GAME DAY!!! We all get ready and head downtown to the game, now I haven't been to a game in goodness, I don't really know how many years..but I believe it was before Quaid was born. So I was really kinda excited to experience the whole game day spirit and fun :) Johnny and I go our seperate ways because we had different tickets than the guys. We head in to the stadium and thankfully don't have to climb any stairs (because we had front row seats in the end zone) We start heading to our seats and Johnny is like, "There's Buck-i-guy", Of course, I'm like, "WHO???".."Buck-i-guy" as he points to this ridicuoulsly dressed guy. "Oh, ok that's cool"...Then he goes on and on about how this guy goes to EVERY game and is Famous for being the "Buck-i-guy"...yeah exciting huh?? LOL Anyway, we follow him and realize we are sitting right beside him..."HOW COOL??" The game was still 30 min away, so we of course got our pic's with "Buck-i-guy" (by the way he has personalized Jordan's with "Buck-i-guy" customized on the tongue of the shoes...lol It really was amazing how many people came over to get their pic with this guy..just boggles my mind (maybe I should dress up and throw a big flag over my back and be "Buck-i-gal") Then "Brutus the Buckeye" (in case you don't know...it's the Buckeye's mascot) comes out and starts running around in front of us, then out of no where he climbs up and starts getting pics with people, so of course I jumped over there to meet him too :) After that, I take off to hit the bathroom before the game starts and come back and "Buck-i-guy" was gone!!! Johnny was a little upset because he thought "Buck-i-guy" was our SURE opporunity to get on TV...lol But it seems he had the wrong seats..lol OH well, we still had Awesome seats and really, really enjoyed the game and WE WON!!!! We even stayed after the game was over, just taking it all in...it was really one of the best game experiences ever!!!

The game is over, we meet back up with the guys and head back to Uncle John's. By this time I was WIPED and went downstair's (we had our own lil suite..kinda nice ;) and took a lil nap, until Johnny yells down they got pizza. Not just any ordinary pizza...DONATO's pizza!!! YUMM-O!! We never really appreciated this pizza until we moved to Wisconsin and don't have the luxury of Donato's :( So I go up and eat, of course the guy's are watching football. After dinner I really didn't just wanna sit around and watch football all night, so I went down to our lil suite and got Uncle John's laptop and plopped down in front of the tv and had some "ME" time :) Then around 9ish...I really, really wanted something sweet, however Uncle John literally didn't have any food!!! (I forgot to mention he was one of the lucky Ohioan's who lost power for a few days from Hurricane "IKE") Thankfully, John spoke up and said he would take us to get some ice cream at "UDF" aka United Dairy Farmers...mmmm, another southern indulgence...(I know you'll appreciate that one Laura..lol) We get back and then the totaly unexpected happens...I take my daily pills for the evening and head downstairs to read before bed, about 20 min later..I start getting this really odd feeling in my chest, then a little in my neck. I take a few drinks of water thinking, maybe I didn't get enough to drink with my pills, that didn't help, then I take some Maalox, thinking it's just heartburn. It only get's WORSE!!!! So Johnny hops online trying to diagnose me or figure something out, finally after about 30 min, I tell him to call my dr. He talks to the triage nurse and tells him immediately to dial 911...well I didn't want him to do that, since we knew where the hospital was and it was literally 5 min down the road. So off the the ER and the pain is NOT getting any better, a little scared, but thinking maybe it was my meds or something...I just had no idea what could be causing it. Thankfully they got me back within a few min and ran an ekg right away, get me checked in and back to a room. The Dr. comes in and starts trying to get an idea of what's going on, then order's bloodwork, chest x-ray along with an aspirin right away with some Nitro pill I had to put under my tongue every 5 min. As soon as both of those kicked in, I was feeling much better!!! But that really wasn't good, was it?? Because if those helped relieve it then, it couldn't have been heart burn or indigestion?? So they continued with the other tests and hours went by...it was finally 2am and the Dr came back in to tell me that he wants to keep me overnight and have a stress test the next morning...by this time, I'm trying to hold back my tears...thinking, there is REALLY something SERIOUS wrong with me?? OH MY WORD!!! Then I say, well "we're supposed to head home to Wisconsin in the morning and we didn't drive" Which I'm sure we could have figured out something, but he did make it a point to say that he thought maybe it was my new allergy medicine "Allegra D" that has alot of sudafed in it, that could have caused the vessels in my heart to contract, but he really just wasn't sure what it could be. However he did say he felt comfortable enough since I did respond to the aspirin and he really didn't see anything LIFE THREATNING on the ekg or the chest x-ray (however that did show my lung's were inflammed) that he would release me as long as I contacted my Dr first thing on Monday morning and had a stress test done and if I started having any symptoms at all...go straight to the ER! So we finally made it out of there around 2:30 and both crashed when we got back. Then were quickly awaken at 9am, that we needed to get on the road...OH MY...it seemed like we had just gotten to sleep :( Thankfully though I was feeling ok, we quickly got ready and go on the road. I was starting to feel some pressure though and a little pain in my chest when we got down the road, so we stopped and I got some aspirin and took a nap, feeling better when I woke up only to find we still weren't through Indianapolis yet...lol It was a loooong trip home, but we made it around 4:30ish!!! It was sooo nice to be home and see our kid's...it really is nice to getaway, but it was GREAT to get to hug my kid's!!! Especially after the whole ordeal I had gone through, which was still weighing on my mind, however I hadn't really had much pain or pressure since we got back, but then again I was taking Asprin ever 4-6 hrs ;)
The next morning, I call my dr and schedule an appt, then after I got off the phone, I started thinking that maybe the receptionist misunderstood me, because she just made an appt with her at the office?? Would they do a stress test at the office?? I was a little confused and my pain started coming back, so I called back and this time the receptionist got the Dr for me. She reassured me she didn't think at all that there was anything wrong with my heart, she actually laughed when I told her what the ER Dr told me about the Allergra. She was thinking it could be a number of things, but maybe try some pepcid or Zantac, something along that line. I happended to have some, so I took 1 and had no relief, took another (not to exceed 2 in 24 hrs) and still no relief :( Johnny suggested I just take another aspirin, since that seemed to be helping me, until the morning...when I could get in to see her. Actually my appt was in the afternoon, but if I still had the pain, I was going to call and see if I could get in that morning. It started to come back, but only after I was trying to get some stuff done around the house, cleaning and laundry. I literally had to take a break and my breathing was a little heavy. So, I go in to see my Dr, which she had already recieved all my med records from the ER and went through the symptoms with me again, overruled a few things, then she checked me out and came to the conclusion it was Pluersy. (again I was holding back tears...because it sounds sooo lifelong?? I had no idea what it was, all I heard was that there was some disease I had) She called it Plueritis and reassured me it would go away with an anti-inflammatory and I should be 100% in about 2 weeks :) WOW....alll that grief for something like that...I'll tell ya, I try not to worry, because I know God is in control and whatever his will is for me....it will be done and He doesn't want us to live worrying, but this time was just one of those times!!! So Praise the Lord it's nothing serious!!!
So yes, that was our Great Weekend AWAY!!!! lol Up until the ER visit, I really had such a great time and am so thankful for Grammy & Grampy...for keeping the grandkids for the weekend :) It was definitely a much needed mini-vacation!!!

Thankfully I am starting to feel much better, however still have a few moments here and there, but hopefully will be 100% SOON!!!!

6 comments:

Liz Ferguson said...

Oh Amy that is so scary!! I am glad you are going to be okay though. Please let me know if you need anything. Your kiddos are always welcome to come over and play.

I am glad you were able to enjoy some of your time away. The pictures are really fun.

Bethany said...

wow! what a scary time! I'm so glad you're ok!!!

Libby said...

wow, I think you need a vacation from your vacation! Wow! Thats crazy! Glad everything is ok, and I am glad you listened to your body, I know someone that has that condition, and she collapsed, and has life long problems because she didn't catch it in time.
Does your Dr know how it developed?!

Libby said...

ps- my inlaws are buckeye's, we watched the game Saturday. I wish I knew you were there I would have looked for you! What a crazy game! I was worried that Troy was going to win for awhile!

Nicole said...

Can't wait for girls night tonight! I'm glad you had a mini vaca and sorry it was so crazy.

The Bailie Clan said...

well, that was a long story! hee hee!

glad I got your shorter version over the phone earlier....

I'm glad you're going to be okay though! crazy! i'm off to google Plueritis, now..hahahaha... i'm interested...ttyl! :)